Hi there, It’s such an honor to be able to reach out to you from my lovely sister’s stage. I would like to say she’s doing such an amazing job on this blog and if perhaps you’re a first-timer here I’ve got one question for you, “Where have you been?” I’m actually really excited you’re here today and this to me is a privilege that I will not take for granted. I thank God for the Grace and Peace that’s about to be multiplied to you through this post so as we jump right into it, please do have an amazing read.
Matthew 14:24-31 (NIV)
24. and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.
26. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28. “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29. “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31. Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
This is a short and precise account of one of those abnormal things Jesus was fond of doing while here on earth. For those of us that grew up in church, we’ve probably come across this story innumerable times and I wonder if we’ve ever realized that there’s a rather prophetic imprint to this historical occurrence. (Sorry, I mean it just keeps happening and happening again). Glory be to God because now we have received what it takes to keep this from happening again. Let’s go deeper shall we?
We’re told there was a storm that wasn’t in one direction with them. My heart goes out to the victims of #MakurdiFlood #HurricaneHouston and the rest of the world who have experienced first-hand what it means to be in the midst of a literal storm, God is with you. Funny thing is, whether it’s literal or not, life by default has a way of consistently whirling winds on every innocent one passing through this earth. It could be from family relatives we don’t know how to deal with, bills sucking on our finances with invisible pipes, colleagues at work who plainly don’t like the God-life, these among many other things, it’s relative. Have you ever taken into account, ALL the problems in your life past, present and future? …Please don’t, it’s a trap and some haven’t escaped. One thought provoking fact about the Grace of God is that at first man never knew he needed it. Out on the boat, in the wind I don’t know if anybody had any hopes of getting to the other side safely; if you’ve ever been on water in a boat with the wind against you, you’d understand! but as Jesus, the embodiment of solution to all of life’s troubles natural and supernatural approached them walking without a care in the world on water, they suddenly believed in ghosts. It takes revelation to see solution. Solutions have a knack for appearing beyond our expectations. For instance
- The Jews were expecting a King to come save them, and all they got was a baby who wasn’t even born in a decent hospital.
- Elijah, the great man of God, false prophet slayer, at some point listened clearly but didn’t hear God when and where and how he expected.
- And this one beats me, Mary and Martha who had connections with the greatest healer alive lost their sick brother and didn’t expect to see him again, but the healer became the life-giver.
Back to the story. As the event unfolds, Jesus, the personality of love and comfort says to them ‘Keep calm, it’s me’ but Peter amidst the dumbfounded guys asks for something profound, something he knows next to nothing about, a supernatural reality, a realm that is only possible on the strength of the word. This I present to you, Perfect Peace. Peter tasted of this gift given to him by Jesus in form of the word “Come”.
Are you in the midst of a critical situation as you may see it, a dead end? Jesus to you is lovingly saying ‘Come, stay focused on me. I can give you something far above what you can ask or think of me.’ Jesus was fully aware of the storm, but He didn’t calm the storm, He gave Peter something that was able to keep Him unharmed in the midst of it. He gave Peter a WORD. Although He verbally said ‘COME’, He was fulfilling the spoken words of the prophet in Isaiah 26:3
3. “You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on you,
Because he trusts in you,”
If I were you, I would right now accept and believe that God has given me something to deal with my situation. I know that your mind will not agree with you, but in CHRIST, it is our duty to cast down imaginations, arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. It’s all fun and games until you ‘look away from the word’ (Ask Eve!). So you’ve read up to this point… I’m humbled.
Let’s share Grace shall we?
There’s always history for each currency. For your situation, people have gone through it before; some made it, others didn’t. I urge you to realize what’s left of you and be grateful to God for it. This is a deep saying “You survived!”
God who is all-knowing and all-powerful, in every sense of the word has shown that if He’s made a promise, there’s no existing devil that can make Him break it. Not everything in the bible is your portion, there are things God has said that you know you need or at least you can relate to. Some you already know, others you might have to search out. As soon as you find one after the other, another deep saying “Hold on to it.”
Dear believer, in case you have known what God has said about you, take note, a lot of things won’t change until your voice is heard. We emerge victorious when we consciously fight from our knees, fully aware of our position in CHRIST. I’ll urge you to make a habit of the glorious gift, prayer in the Holy Ghost (Jude1:20) we wrought victories from that place you know! Halleluyah!
Finally, I recently told a dear friend this, ‘It always gets better, or you get stronger.’ So I’d like to leave you with something. Take it personal and hold on to it like never before: Isaiah 43: 1 – 3-ish
1. but now, you people of Israel, listen to Yahweh, the one who established your nation. The one who caused you to become a nation says this: “Do not be afraid, because I previously rescued you. I enabled you to have a personal relationship with me, and you belong to me.
2. When you experience dangerous situations, and you feel like you are crossing deep rivers, I will be with you. When you have very big troubles/difficulties, you will be able to endure them. When people try to kill you like they tried to kill Daniel’s three friends by throwing them in a fire, you will not die, just like Daniel’s three friends were not burned up.
3. because I am Yahweh, your God, the Holy One of Israel, the one who rescues you.
If you’re reading this and you haven’t really accepted our Master, Big brother and friend – Jesus – for who He is – everything. He’s right here with you asking you to come. From your heart and with your mouth tell Him. “Lord Jesus, I believe you are for me. You came, suffered, died and got up again so I can enjoy eternal peace with you. Make my life your life and be in charge of it, for I can’t handle it on my own. Thank you for loving me!”
If this post has blessed you or if you feel this could be a blessing to someone out there, a friend, a loved one, an enemy, feel free to share it. Don’t forget to drop a comment.
And you can always reach out to me in person:
Grace and Peace!